Thursday, July 5, 2007

Web Site Advertising Tip: Text Links Earned Me A Fortune When I Dumped Banner Ads

Before I tell my web-advertising-tip-story about what text links have done for my business, I want you to imagine a situation where you are eagerly seeking information on some medication on the net. Suddenly, out of nowhere an advertisement about some miracle penis size-enhancing thing pops up right in front of you. And to make matters worse, you're some nice lady who does not own a penis. Get my drift?

Banner advertisements prominently displayed at a web site where you are looking for information are almost as bad. My point is that banner advertisements, even when they are not pop-ups are pretty offensive because nobody logs onto the web to be advertised to.

And the figures tell the whole story better than any words can. I once experimented with a banner ad that was viewed almost 100,000 times without a single soul clicking on it. On the same page was a small text link advertising the same product that received hundreds of clicks.

Before I carried out this web advertising experiment, I was already aware of how powerful text links were, but I had never compared the two before. My web-advertising story is so simple that it may disappoint you. All I did from that day was to dump all banner ads and I replaced them with text links and resource boxes complete with links at the bottom of information-packed articles.

To date that particular business I was advertising on the web brings me tens of thousands of dollars on a regular basis and I have never engaged in any other form of advertising save the one I have just described. And it is free. I kid you not.

The hype peddler's intentions towards your wallet or credit card are always suspect, but they are right when they say free web advertising works. I am not trying to sell you anything and I am telling you that it is the only advertising I do and yet I earn a pretty good living exclusively online.

Get more information now on web advertising.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Christopher_Kyalo

No comments: